This year, it will be 6 years since Microsoft’s presentation of Window 10, which was supposed to become the company’s last operating system. However, on June 24, the corporation carried out the official presentation of its newest creation – Windows 11. Read below to learn about the new system requirements, the outstanding features of the OS, as well as ways to obtain a Windows 11 user manual or guide to easily grasp all the nuances.
Everything you need to know about Windows 11
System requirements for installing and running Windows 11
Certain intricacies in the system requirements for Windows 11 will smite off many older machines from its user circle. For the most detailed guide, you can visit Microsoft’s website and find the corresponding manual. In brief, your computer needs the following to install Windows 11:
- A 64-bit processor with 1Ghz speed or faster and at least two cores.
- 4 GB of RAM is a must for Windows 11.
- No less than 64 GB of free space on the hard drive.
- A GPU that supports DX12 and WWDM 2.x.
- The support for the UEFI system interface and the Secure Boot protocol.
- The TPM specification in the 2.0 version.
- A display measuring 9 inches or larger with a resolution equal to or exceeding 720p.
- Internet connection is required for installing Windows 11.
|CPU:||Dual-core 64-bit, no less than 1 GHz|
|Hard disk space:||64 GB|
|GPU:||Microsoft DirectX 12 with a WDDM 2.x driver|
The simplest option for checking whether your PC supports the new Windows 11 version is to download a special Microsoft application named PC Health Check, launch it and follow the on-screen manual. Compared to Windows 10, the most significant change in the list of system requirements is the fact Windows 11 is now only available on devices with a 64-bit processor.
The 9-inch display requirement means we’ll see no 8-inch mini-tablets and smartphones powered by Windows 11. The RAM and free disk space requirements have grown twofold compared to Windows 10.
As specified in every manual and user guide, if your computer doesn’t support TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, and UEFI, you will still be able to install Windows 11. However, you will be warned that Microsoft cannot guarantee the system’s correct operation in such conditions.
Distinctive features of Windows 11
Here we’re going to list 17 new and distinctive features of Windows 11 that bring it a notch above its predecessors.
- New, floating Start menu designed as a launchpad and positioned in the very center of the taskbar.
- Smooth animations in Taskbar when you interact with any element of the interface.
- New beautiful wallpapers and sounds, as well as the dark and light themes excellently implemented in all interface details.
- A universal approach to controlling multimedia playback.
- New Explorer with vibrant icons, a new context menu, and a command bar at the top.
- Windows 11 takes pride in its new Microsoft Store. It was built from scratch to support UWP, .NET, Win32, Xamarin, React Native, Electron, Java, and even Progressive Web Apps.
- The support for Android apps in Windows 11 based on Amazon App Store.
- The Settings menu was redesigned from scratch. Made with mobile users in mind, it boasts a sleek and intuitive appearance.
- Faster Windows updates thanks to background installation.
- Snap Layouts and other tools for highly convenient multitasking. Resort to the user guides and manuals to learn all nuances of using them.
- Widgets that continue the mobile-friendliness trend in Windows 11.
- A redesigned context menu without sharp corners.
- Advanced gesture controls for both touch screens and touchpads.
- A new lock screen with acrylic background blur and the Segoe UI variable font.
- A new touch keyboard with numerous customization options.
- Auto HDR and a dynamic display refresh rate to enhance the image quality during gaming.
- ARM emulation – the corresponding guides and manuals will teach you to launch 64-bit Win32 applications on computers powered by Windows 11.
All in all, Windows 11 may feel more like a major update rather than a new OS. Its design has gotten more sleek and modern. A bunch of features come into play to boost the convenience and efficiency of the system’s everyday use. All features are intuitive, but it never hurts to consult a user guide or manual!
Windows 11 Manual User Guide PDF
If you’re looking for user guides and manuals for the newly released Windows 11, you can visit the official Microsoft website or find it directly on this page. No need to search for manuals on third-party portals, when every guide you might need is found in one place.
“Windows 11 – Minimum Hardware Requirements” is a 16-page guide designed to give you extensive insight into the requirements for all types of hardware. The guide provides detailed minimum specifications for installing Windows 11 seamlessly and running it without a hitch. A more concise version of this guide is published as the Microsoft document titled “Windows 11 requirements”.
“Prepare for Windows 11” is a rather short guide designed as a manual to help you prepare for your migration from Windows 10 to the next version. The manual explains what tools and infrastructure the two OS versions share, making your transition as comfortable as possible.
“Windows 11 overview” is a brief user guide document published by Microsoft to introduce the reader to Windows 11 and answer the most common questions.
View the latest official version Windows 11 User Guide: Windows 11 User Guide
Download Windows 11 User Guide PDF: Windows 11 User Guide